Day 2 : 12 Sep 2015


After around 18 hours, I started to do wet-sanding.
I used sandpaper no. 1500.

The result was unexpected - for me ....
The primer paint was removed.

Was it because the sandpaper grade is too abrasive or I rub to strong or I should give more time to the paint to stick in the body?






Then after the mokit was dry, I put primer paint again.









It was better - I think ...

I will let it dry longer than previous one while waiting for some inputs from seniors in "AMI [Auto Modelers Indonesia]"


Update - 13 Sep 2015 - afternoon :
After searching and googling, then I knew that sandpaper no. 1500 is very abrasive to do wet-sanding in Plamo.
It must be started from no. 3600 up to 10000.
:-)

Update - 16 Sep 2015 :
Knowledge sharing from Bobby Indra Buwono (member of AMI - thank you) about painting steps :
1. base body should be sanded with sandpaper no. 400 to remove seamline then sanded with fine-degree sandpaper to make base-paint/primer sticks better.
2. put primer paint then sanded with no. 1000 to remove "orange peel effect".
3. put first layer of main paint.
4. wet-sanding with microfine-degree/no. 2000 sandpaper.
5. repeat step no. 4 for each layer of paint.
6. put clear paint as top-coat.

I think I must learn much on sanding ........ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment